Friday, June 20, 2008

Pur-sonality

Just received this purse made my sister, Ellen (one of the Pennington "Material Girls"). I just love the colors! And there are so many compartments inside:) When I visited the Sis Boom event on June 5th, Jennifer Paganelli came up to me and commented on how much she loved this purse (especially the fabric selection)!


Or, perhaps you prefer a little cupcake purse? This one was crocheted by Me for Frannie. It is made from Tahki cotton classic in light green and pink. Just a little more than one skein of each color was used. And if you're going to have a cupcake, you've got to put sprinkles on the top, so Frannie picked out small round beads in her favorite colors that had little sparkles on them. The basic pattern is from an e-book by Hip Chick Crochet called "How To Make A Cupcake Bag". I did a little tweaking of my own by crocheting on two icing ruffles instead of one. I found it easier to do this immediately after completing the green part of the cupcake instead of at the end of the pattern. Extra rows were added between the beaded rows as well as adding on extra rows of single crochet after the eyelet pattern. I also crocheted my own version of a drawstring handle.

S.W.A.K.